Sunday, July 3, 2011

2 Years

Come September, we will have been trying to conceive for 2 years.  2 years!  And it sucks.
Especially since I know the problem is me and my body, so I can't even blame it on anyone else.  My body doesn't ovulate.  You need that to get babies.  Fuck!

Even worse is the moodiness that comes with struggling for a goal for so long.  While actively engaging in treatments of some sort, I am hopefully, happy, excited, etc.  But the times in between treatments are depressing, agonizing, and miserable.  They just make you want to give up on everything.
Can you guess which phase I'm in now?

This sucks.

2 comments:

  1. I still maintain that the absolute best way to get pregnant is not to try very hard :-p

    But on a more proactive side, I'd say throw your energy into doing good stuff for your body. It can't hurt trying to conceive, and it might even help (oh look, I ate a vegetable today, surely now I shall have ovulating super powers). Try making a garden in that new fancy self-owned place you have (and mountain gardening is full of unique adventures in of itself) and grow your own tomatoes and cucumbers, and then go make something delicious out of it. Get into some kick-ass exercise programs (I bet you could find a place that does horse back riding out there....), the more stuff to do the less you'll sit around being mopey and demanding ovulation. Plus that healthy shit, not gonna hurt anything, and the physical exertion might help balance out some of the hormone crazies.

    Also, I'd say have more sex, especially when NOT doing the treatments. Again, it's totally not going to detract from trying to conceive, while remembering to do it just for fun might decrease some of the stress. And like, sex is good... or at least what I remember of it was, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marty. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete